Shadelle is a Mental Health Occupational Therapist and counsellor with over 14 years of experience across a variety of mental health settings including inpatient, outpatient, community and private practice. She has a very warm, considerate and attentive approach that quickly puts clients at ease. Shadelle has a genuine curiosity to understand life’s challenges.
Shadelle draws on a range of evidence based practices and has formal training and experience in the following:
• Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
• Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
• Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
• Schema Therapy approaches
• Sensory Modulation & Sensorimotor interventions
Shadelle has a particular interest and commitment to applying Self-Compassion focussed modalities. She believes that self-limiting beliefs and shame can often be a huge part of human suffering and block personal growth.
Personal interests: running, cooking, meditation, getting creative, spending time with her two children, taking time out down the coast.
AHPRA registration OCC0001846904
- Bachelor Of Occupational Therapy ( 2006)
- Diploma of Counselling ( 2012)